The COVID-19 thing I talked about in my last post ended up, thankfully, being a non-issue (other than added stress) as there were no symptoms in anyone here. That, at least, was a relief.

October, on the other hand, ended up being a pretty large set of disasters. I had both computers down for different reasons– one lost the OS, the other (the Surface Pro 4) had a hardware failure that can’t be fixed as it’s no longer seeing the onboard camera or SSD. I also had a microwave fire hazard, one monitor and a second SSD die, and a level three hypertension event due to stress and an inability to get my blood pressure medication. Also, more ISP-related problems including a neighborhood-wide underground cable issue that can’t be fixed until they have permission to dig under the road. As you might expect, the city isn’t moving very fast on that.

I did eventually get the blood pressure medication, about three weeks after I should have had it.

On top of that, my neurological issues crept back in, which pretty much confirms the theory that I had that they get worse around winter and ease up around the time the temperatures start to go back up.

Yeah, I have pretty rotten luck in general. I’m mostly shrugging at it right now; you get used to things coming in massive waves after awhile.

I haven’t been sleeping as well as I should, but I’m not giving up. I’ll find a way to make this all work one way or another.

On the MAME side of things, I’m continuing to work on the Apple disks– those are being kept up to date 99% of the time, with the exception of disks dumped around the point of code freeze; those will show up in the next month. Documentation projects have been on hold for a bit but I intend to talk to people I need to be talking with in order to get things back on track very soon– most likely this coming weekend.

For the moment, I think I’m going to try to take the rest of the week a bit easy. I have three doctor appointments across Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and that’s going to include a lot of travel time. Context switching gets very difficult when you have so much going on and your physical condition isn’t the best, so I’ll just wait things out a bit and jump back onto the bandwagon with both feet when things settle enough.

-- Firehawke